CYBER SECURITY SEMINAR
The aim of our seminar is to raise awareness and give business owners and staff effective strategies to reduce risks and costs to the business.
It also helps with personal data on home devices.
DON’T LET YOUR BUSINESS BECOME A STATISTIC…
- More than 60% of small businesses go out of business within 6 months of a cyber-attack
- More than 43% of cyber-attacks target small businesses, as a way of finding back doors to large enterprises
- It takes an average of 23 days to resolve a cyber-attack
- Size and location don’t matter – small businesses in our region have suffered cyber-attacks in recent months
- Mobile phones and devices are increasingly targeted, but often neglected when thinking about security
In our Cyber Security Seminar you will learn about:
- Current Threats, Risks and Statistics
- Social Engineering
- Ransomware, Phishing and Invoice Scams
- How to Recognise Fake Emails
- How to Choose Passwords and PINS Wisely
- How to Protect Mobile devices such as Smartphones, iPhones and iPads
- Safer Web Browsing & Facebook Use
- Physical Security and Removable Media
- Meeting PCI Standards for EFTPOS and Credit Cards
- Backup Strategies
Customised training for specific industry sectors is also available – just ask us.
Duration: The seminar runs for 3.5 hours including 2 x 15 minute breaks OR as 2 x 1.5 hour seminars.
Venue: Bega Valley Regional Learning Centre, Cabarita Place Merimbula (behind Lakeview Hotel).
We can also run our seminar on your site in a suitable meeting room, away from distractions.
Cost: From $33 per person (minimum group rate, on site) to $66 per person (individual rate off site, including refreshments).
A minimum of 6 people are needed to run a course. Please contact us to book a date for your seminar or to find out when the next public seminar is running.